Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Perpetual Wearer of Rose Colored Glasses


I'm a very good judge of character...that is, unless I'm emotionally involved. In that case, all logic and all reason goes out the window. I am truly the perpetual wearer of rose colored glasses. I guess I just try to find the good in everyone. It is, at times, the one thing I wish I could change about myself. Once I'm emotionally invested, it takes having my heart crushed by stumbling across proof on my own before believing that this person could be anything but good and honest, no matter what anyone tries to tell me otherwise.

You would think by now I would have learned my lesson. It's happened enough times that I should have become cynical, skeptical and cold. There are moments lately when I almost wish for that. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment